Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Who In Their Right Mind - more on Mercury retrograde

Left Brain v Right Brain Test

This left Brain v Right brain test asks you to test your perceptions on whether the figure is moving clockwise or anticlockwise. Clockwise, it seems is right brained and of course anti-clockwise is left-brained.

As a generalisation if you have Mercury in the fire or air signs then you would be more inclined to be a lefter, whereas with Mercury in water or earth signs you would be more likely to be right-brained.

With Mercury in Gemini I am usually left brained, i.e. my perceptions rely on logic facts and details. So I should see the figure moving anti-clockwise right? Wrong! Today I am seeing it move clockwise, so today I am right-brained i.e. I am perceiving things through feelings and imagination.

Is this the result of Mercury retrograde I wonder?

If you know already whether you are usually left or right minded I would be interested to know if the test shows up the result you expect.

PS in true Mercury retrograde fashion there is a problem uploading images - so I can't sign off in my usual emoticon style

12 comments:

Viviene said...

I am a Gemini with Mercury in Gemini too - and for me the dancer is definitely going clockwise. I can't see anyway you could perceive it as going the other way. Admittedly, I do have Mercury in a close trine to Neptune, and sextile my Moon/Pluto conjunct! Fascinating.

sasastro said...

Thanks for your comment Vivienne. Nice to meet a fellow Gemini, sounds as if you are an astrologer as well :)
I too have Neptune trine Mercury. I found that if I concentrated then she did dance anti-clockwise, but soon turned back. I'm going to do the test again when Mercury is direct to see if it's still the same

Kitty said...

Well I am a natal Mercury in Taurus, and left-handed too, so you'd expect me to see her moving clockwise, right? Wrong! For me she only moves anti-clockwise???
Nice post Sas. x

sasastro said...

Thanks Kitty, can I ask you to retake the test when Mercury is direct again? I'm interested to see if it differs according to the direction of Mercury

Kitty said...

:-O She's moving clockwise now! Wow! That's so bizarre. How fascinating.

Take care :-) x

Glo said...

Clockwise Sas,(Mercury in Capricorn) wish I'd seen your blog before today.

sasastro said...

@ Kitty, still clockwise for me - but I put that down to being ultra stressed right now

@ Gle
thansk for the commetn Glo, I'm still new to Blogging and didn't think to share it with my JR friends, sorry

sasastro said...

did I say Gle? I meant Glo of course *blush*

sasha_nc said...

I have Mercury in Scorpio (3rd house), am left-handed, and saw the dancer moving clockwise. I have trained myself to write with my right hand but it is slow and not always pretty.
Sasha

sasastro said...

Hi Sasha I've just noticed something strange about the test, if I look at it face on she is going clockwise, yet if I turn my screen at a slight angle and look sidways at her she then moves anti-clockwise.

sasha_nc said...

Now that Mercury is retrograde, I thought I would do it again. At first, she was still going clockwise, then she went counter-clockwise, and then clockwise again. My natal Mercury is direct.

Since yesterday, everytime I have thought about someone, they have called me. Two friends called last night. This morning as I was getting ready to hit the send button on an email to a business contact, she called.

sasastro said...

Hi Sasha
As Mercury began this current retro in Libra it seems fitting that it is refelcting through other people